Organisational Development Hub
Phone:01563 576 597
Learning & Development | Felix Haggarty
This standing committee supports the Executive and the other policy standing committee’s around issues concerning workforce and organisational development, research and evidence based practice, performance management and information, and complaint handling and resolution. This committee also considers endorsing research proposals on behalf of the organisation.
The most pressing issues facing the standing committee currently are:
- The registration of the social services workforce
- The Scottish Governments Review of Social Work Complaints Procedure
- Sharing learning from different models of service provision.
- Workforce development issues arising out of Self Directed Support and the Integration agenda.
- Recent research proposals that Social Work Scotland have endorsed include:
- The Sexual Exploitation of Children and Young People: Research into the needs of young people with learning disabilities - BARNARDOS
- Planning in Child Protection – IRISS
- Reducing Reoffending Change Fund: Evaluation – Scottish Government
- Head, Hands and Heart - Bringing up children in foster care: a social pedagogic approach, Evaluation of the impact of a national demonstration programme to improve the quality of foster care - the Fostering Network
- Formulating Foster Care for Under Fives: Scoping Study - NSPCC Scotland
Social Care Research
Social Work Scotland (formally ADSW), the Scottish Government and the Institute for Research and Innovation in Social Services (IRISS) have produced a document entitled Navigating ethical approval and access in social care research, it identifies a number of general principles which underpin ethical considerations and seeks to define what should be identified as research activity.
The document serves as a practical tool to assist in answering queries regarding the need for ethical approval from those wishing to undertake social care research activity. It outlines different routes for granting ethical approval and access for research activity- including for frontline staff who wish to undertake research alongside their other work.
If you are carrying out a piece of research and would like Social Work Scotland to approve it please download the form below, complete and return to
Chair of the Organisation Standing Committee
Social Work Scotland
19 Haymarket Yards
or via email to email@example.com
Download reseach template
OLM Systems is a leading provider of technology and consultancy services to the government and public sector bodies, other not-for-profit groups and the private sector. We work in partnership with our customers to support their transformation objectives, improve efficiency and performance, and lower costs. www.olmsystems.com