How lives change
Criminal Justice Conference and Exhibition 2015 | 22nd & 23rd October 2015
Creiff Hydro Hotel
Key conference themes
The 2015 conference explored the theme of 'How Lives Change!' It explored in a variety of ways the way in which people change, what our own and others experiences tell us about how best to sustain change, and the extent to which people can change and improve their lives, and indeed the lives of others including the communities to which they belong.
The conference was co-chaired by Glenn Campbell from BBC Scotland and Lisa Howe from Positive Prison? Positive Futures? With opening remarks from Alistair Gaw, President of Social Work Scotland
- Michael Matheson MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Scottish Government
- Claire Lightowler, Director, Centre for Youth and Criminal Justice, University of Strathclyde
- Connections Women's Centre, Tomorrows Women Glasgow
- Martin Cawley, Chief Executive, Turning Point Scotland
- Chirs Moore, Chief Executive, Clink Charity
- Michiel Van der Veen, Independent Consultant
- Professor Dr. Cyrus Tata, Professor of Law and Criminal Justice, University of Strathclyde
- Lisa Mackenzie, Policy and Public Affairs Adviser, Howard League for Penal Reform Scotland
- Karyn McCluskey, Director, Scottish Violence Reduction Unit
- Cormac Russell, Managing Director, Nurture Development
- Citizens Theatre and Street Cones
- Alan Baird, Chief Social Work Adviser to the Scottish Government
- Yvonne Gailey, Chief Executive, Risk Management Authority
- Frances McMenamin QC
- Pete White, Chief Officer, Positive Prison? Positive Futures?
Closing remarks from Sean McKendrick, Vice Chair of the Criminal Justice Standing Committee
* These speakers did not use a Power Point presentation.
OLM Systems is a leading provider of technology and consultancy services to the government and public sector bodies, other not-for-profit groups and the private sector. We work in partnership with our customers to support their transformation objectives, improve efficiency and performance, and lower costs. www.olmsystems.com